As published in https://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story/4700284/baby-and-toddler-cots-involved-in-recall-photos-video/
Baby and toddler cots involved in recall
Four models of childrens’ cots have been recalled by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) in one month, due to the potential risks to infants and children of entrapment, falling and choking.
Since the start of May, the ACCC has recalled the Sweet Heart Wooden “3 in 1” Convertible Baby Cot Toddler Bed (Suncool Furniture Pty Ltd trading as E Cheap Furniture), the 3 in1 Wooden Baby Cot Crib Toddler Bed Pine Wood With Mattress (Maccess Pty Ltd t/as Always Direct) and the Wooden Baby Cot Crib Toddler Bed and Wooden Baby Cot Crib Toddler Cradle Bed (Emall Pty Ltd).
The products in question:
- Wooden Baby Cot Crib Toddler Bed Pine Wood Adjustable Height – Model EM0068-01
- Wooden Baby Cot Crib Toddler Cradle Bed Pine Wood Adjustable Height (White) – Model EM0069-01
- Wooden Baby Cot Crib Toddler Cradle Bed Pine Wood Adjustable Height – Model EM0067-01
- SKU – Baby Crib PI number – MAC18042014516
- Sweet Heart Wooden Cot Code: B0221
All four products fail to comply with the Australian mandatory safety standard, the ACCC has decided, and pose numerous potential risks to infants and children including entrapment, choking and fall hazards.
Australian Furniture Association (AFA) chief executive officer Patrizia Torelli said the most alarming fact was that all four products were sold online.
“With the impending launch of Amazon into Australia, we’re concerned that consumers will assume that all products sold online will meet Australian standards and comply with our regulations,” Ms Torelli said.
“This follows on from the recall of the All 4 Bubs — Lunar Oval Cot back in September of last year which was also sold online.
“It is imperative that consumers check with their supplier before making their purchase to ensure that products comply and do not pose a safety risk, particularly to children.”
For more information about cot recalls and safety, visit https://www.productsafety.gov.au/products/babies-kids/kids-furniture/household-cots
If you are affected, stop using the cot and contact:
- Echeapfurniture.com by calling 0430 878 888 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a refund and for the faulty cot to be collected.
- Always Direct by emailing email@example.com to arrange a refund. Or
- Emall Pty Ltd by calling 0411 383 997 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a refund and for the faulty cot to be collected.